Taste of Thame aims to celebrate the amazing food and drink businesses on our doorstep in Thame at the same time as encouraging visitors to explore venues in the town centre and learn more about what they have to offer. Although the theme of the event is Food & Drink, you DO NOT need to be a Food or Drink business to take part. Any businesses can take part – the only criteria is that you have a space that a producer could use as a pop-up stall. These producers do not need access to a kitchen or cooking facilities. Rather they will be providing small tasters or demonstrations of how their products can be used, or what services they offer.
There are different ways that you can get involved. These are:
- Host a producer in your venue (non-food venues) OR feature a producer in a bespoke menu (food-venues)
- Run a food or drink related activity (food venues only) that showcases a local producer who is already a core part of your menu.
- Run a demonstration
- Run a workshop
Food & Drink Businesses: What’s in it for you?
The event will:
- introduce you to new customers who may not have visited your business before
- the opportunity to partner with a local food producer and be introduced to new opportunities without having to go looking for them
- feature your venue on the event’s trail map to raise the profile of your brand and allow people to find you
- feature your venue on this website, signposting people to your own online shop/presence
- provide social media exposure through the Taste of Thame official Social Media channels.
- give you the opportunity to promote your own loyalty schemes
- increase connection to other town centre businesses and help in the development of ‘one voice’ for Thame, so that the whole town’s profile is improved in the surrounding area and further afield, encouraging more visitors to the town to the benefit of all businesses.
- raise your profile with visitors to the event
- give you increased social media exposure
Other Businesses: What’s in it for you?
Your involvement will give you:
- an introduction to potential new customers. This is a great way to draw people into your businesses who may not otherwise have come in to see you.
- the opportunity to promote your business. You are welcome to ensure that there is a display of your products/information about your business for people attending the event to discover. This will help to boost the profile of your business and could encourage people to return to you at a later date. Many residents in Thame are unaware of what is on their doorstep, and this event aims to help increase their knowledge about more than just the food & drink on offer.
- a feature venue on the event’s trail map to raise the profile of your brand and allow people to find you
- a feature venue on this website, signposting people to your own online shop/presence
If you have a town centre business then you are guaranteed involvement in the event, just follow the steps below
Terms & Conditions
- Ensure that you have read and fully agree with our Terms & Conditions of participation found below.
- Submit the short Application Form below as soon as possible. Details of where to send your completed form are included in the attachment – and we are happy to hear from you at any time.
- We will contact you to arrange to meet and can either present suggested producers for you to engage with, or you are able to source your own in consultation with us (to make sure that there is no duplication and ensure a good range of choice for people attending the event).
- Final details of what you will offer at the event along with several high quality photos to be used on the Website and Social media channels for promotion purposes are needed no later than 1st April to meet our publicity deadlines. If you do not provide them before this time we cannot guarantee that they will appear in the printed map for the event.